My Craft Blog

Hi there, my name is Marcia, I am happy to meet you and share my craft makes and ideas with you. I hope you enjoy looking. Please feel free to join my blog and leave me comments, especially if they are helpful ones! I love to learn new craft techniques and am more than happy to share the ones I have found. Thank you for looking.....

Tuesday 8 May 2012

http://simplystampinchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
With the current Jubilee and Olympic fever, comes the whole red, white and blue thing!  This card is my slant on that using lots of SU products, Fresh Vintage, French Foliage (word background and splatt) Nature Walk (the Bee) and Rose Red ink pad.  These colours are a bit alien to me, being a pink and purple sort of a girl, so hopefully they capture the spirit of the season, without being too twee!

6 comments:

  1. Your card has a real shabby chic look to it, that I try so hard to pull off but never quite get right. Love the mix of stamps you've used here.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! This colour scheme has a really nice punch to it! Thanks for joining in the SSC! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card Marcia, that colour combo works really well with the images you chose. It's not an obviously and overly patriotic card, just a nice nod to the season - I like your take on that very much!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Stampin' and I really hope you'll play along with us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI lovely Marcia ! Great card I am loving the red, white and blue theme! Thanks for joining in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the addition of the torn paper down the side of the card - great take on the sketch!

    Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin'.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ladies, thanks for your lovely comments, as a first timer they are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete