My Craft Blog

Hi there, my name is Marcia, I am happy to meet you and share my craft makes and ideas with you. I hope you enjoy looking. Please feel free to join my blog and leave me comments, especially if they are helpful ones! I love to learn new craft techniques and am more than happy to share the ones I have found. Thank you for looking.....

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Hello February!

 Well, where did January go?  The month seems to have just flown by, with Christmas just a dim and distant celebration from only 6 weeks ago!! I don't seem to have had much time for cardmaking or blogging, but I have managed some cards and felt I would like to share them with you.  Using a new technique, painting with BLEACH!! I love it!!
I just used the ordinary household bleach, watered down just a little bit as it seemed too thick.  Lay down your colour first, you can do this anyway you like, on the flower card above I took the distress ink pad directly to the card to form the square, then stamped over it in black stayzon (or other permanent ink).  Then it was simply a matter of using a small paintbrush and the bleach to remove the colour as you like.
For the cockrell card I made a square mask and then inked through it.  Both are on ivory cardstock and are 4 x 4 inch cards, and I have covered the image with a square of Acetate, hiding the glue with Cosmic Shimmer bronze or black glue dots. You could use brads or gems as well.


I had a go at the technique again on the larger 6 x 6 inch cards, this time on white, not sure which ones I like the best!!  You decide!

I hope you enjoy looking at these cards, if you have any questions about this technique, please feel free to contact me.






No comments:

Post a Comment