My Craft Blog

Hi there, my name is Marcia, I am happy to meet you and share my craft makes and ideas with you. I hope you enjoy looking. Please feel free to join my blog and leave me comments, especially if they are helpful ones! I love to learn new craft techniques and am more than happy to share the ones I have found. Thank you for looking.....

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Simply Stampin Challenge - colour week

This weeks Simply Stampin Challenge is a colour theme.  The colours are Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi and Very Vanilla - lovely!
As I am in Christmas mode, the Ornament Keepsakes stamps had to come out again! I find these are so versatile, and having a range of sizes allows for endless variations in what can be achieved.  After much deliberation I decided to use Rich Razzlebury as the base for the baubles and stamp using white ink.  I think it gives the baubles quite a nice frosted look.  The biggest challenge was creating the "bough", so I used the large tree and small branch from the "Lovely as a Tree" set, giving it a liberal sprinkling of glitter! Some Rich Razzleberry ribbon and flat back jewels just give it a finish!  I think I might make some more like this in different colours as I quite like the classic look...hope you do too!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Christmas card! I love the ornaments in the Rich Razzlebury cardstock and stamped with white ink - just beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great Christmas card Marcia, I love the frosted look of the ornaments and the sparkle too! Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Stampin' for our colour combo challenge! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete