Hello friends, well haven't blogged for a while as time just seems to be flying by! Have had a few ideas for Christmas cards going round in my head for a while now, but have decided on this one to be mailed out to people. With the exorbitant cost of postage, and a maximum thickness of 5mm, I wanted to make something that looked good, but wouldn't take me into the next price bracket - a tough one! Anyway, I settled on this card, made from snowfall acetate, inked in ballet blue from SU and glittered here and there. The holly on the front is from the new Tim Holtz die I purchased recently. Hope everyone likes them!
So with the posting ones out of the way, it was time to play! I wanted to make a wreath style so the Tim Holtz holly die was perfect for this. I used the SU Holiday Ornaments dies and cherry cobbler coredinations card for the baubles (still waiting for the stamps that go with the dies)!! After running the baubles through an embossing folder, then sanding them back I was aware they needed something else! Being me, it had to be glitter!, so with the help of a quickie glue pen, the baubles were transformed!! The holly leaves lacked the veins, so these were drawn on with a promarker, I think I will probably change that next time. Edges were inked with lucky limeade. I think I will make a good few of these in various formats, I try never to make cards the same, and there is always room for improvement and different ideas!!